Monday, January 23, 2017

A Dog's Purpose - what did you see?

Did we see what we thought we saw?


Regarding the viral video from set of A Dog's Purpose.


The footage that went viral only last week was cause for alarm and many people I know are choosing not to see the movie because of it. Initial reports said that the production company and producers would be looking into the incident. As a filmmaker I was shocked by the footage and deeply concerned. I did notice the cut in the middle and the instant shut off when the dog's head went under the water. Before you boycott and buy into PETA's description of events take a moment to ...read one producer's account of the investigation.

As I told my husband, there is more to that footage and we were only shown the worst parts. As an animal lover and pet parent, I am aware that accidents happen and not everything goes according to plan. Please remember that the footage you saw was a forced perspective and edited to show the worst in a very short amount of time. We could not see the tools put in place to protect the dog nor could we see the entirety of the pool.

Here are the comments from one of the producer's regarding the viral video that appears to show animal abuse:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/gavin-polone-a-dogs-purpose-outcry-what-happened-whos-blame-967160

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for taking the time to read my ramblings. Please be curteous and polite to all as I will be to you.